Thursday, June 11, 2015
lessons not learned
It’s hurricane season, and not all lessons learned are lessons implemented. so how prepared are the refineries for rainfall totals and storm surges? how often are they supposed to inspect the berms, levees, and dikes? how long had this been going on? apparently they don't inspect enough
At approximately 4:30pm on May 7, 2015, Valero received a call from a resident of a nearby trailer park reporting standing water along the rear fence line of his back yard. After clearing significant vegetation, a small breach was discovered in the east dike wall surrounding the [Valero Energy Meraux] refinery’s fire water pond. This pond consists primarily of Mississippi River water pumped into a lined impoundment. The damage to the dike appears to be the result of burrowing nutria.
- ► 2016 (54)
- Thanks Sierra Club !!
- EPA will not be able to approve Louisiana SIP as p...
- Chinese sheetrock, Chinese flooring, and now Chine...
- EPA ozone regulations
- lessons not learned
- why wouldn't Louisiana support the clean power pla...
- EPA Clean Power Plan and Louisiana House Resolutio...
- when the companies own the town
- historical photos of St Bernard
- real time monitoring
- ▼ June (10)
- ► 2014 (33)
- ► 2013 (63)
- ► 2012 (75)
- ► 2011 (103)
- ► 2010 (114)
- ► 2009 (63)
- ► 2008 (71)